Barbara D. Livingston is one of the most respected photographers in horse racing. Her own images cover a span of over 45 years.
Photographs include tracks and races at tracks such as Saratoga Race Course, Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita; major events like the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes and Breeders' Cup; breeding farms around the country; and famous horses like Secretariat, Man o' War, Barbaro, Rachel Alexandra, and American Pharoah. Livingston also photographs other equine breeds, including Standardbreds, and a specialty is horses of unusual colors, like brindles, zorses, and 'badger-faced' horses.
She also owns an historical collection which includes photos from the 1930s through 1980s (James W. Sames III and John C. Wyatt images, including Man o' War, Citation, Whirlaway, Twilight Tear and many Kentucky Derbies).
- Racing - 2008 - 2014, for the Daily Racing Form
- Thoroughbred horse farms, stallions, mares, etc.
- Off Track - Non-equine photography
- Racing - pretty scenes, various tracks, various years (also see other albums)
- Saratoga Race Course, the 1980s - a variety pack of horses and people
- Saratoga Race Course, 1990 meeting - variety pack
- Saratoga Race Course 1987 - variety pack
- Racing - 1974 through 1999 (also see specific older Saratoga galleries)
- Saratoga - older photos, various years
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds in Kentucky, 1977 - 1984
Other Featured Galleries